This article is a complete guide on how to drag click. Drag clicking, or mouse dragging as it’s also known, is a popular and effective way to control the cursor in any PC game that supports this functionality. The goal of this article is to teach you how to use drag clicking and what it can do for you.
We’ll go over the basics, show you some advanced techniques and provide links so that you can learn more about your favorite games’ support for drag clicking!
What Is Drag Clicking?
Drag clicking is exactly what it sounds like – move your finger across the mouse button from side to side to induce more clicking. As you move you take advantage of friction between the mouse button’s surface. This friction is produced by vibrations taken from the keyboard switches thereby registering more clicks per second than usual.
Others might call it different stuff like tapping on a phone screen or tapping on a camera but it still works the same. Is it possible to gain CPS by tapping a mouse button? Well when you hit click, they can take advantage of friction between skin.
How Does Drag Clicking Work?
Found from What If Gaming
Learning how to drag click sounds hard at first. The drag click technique is using the forceful dragging of the palm through the right or left button of the mouse. It tricks it by recording more clicks per second. Also known as Fazer and Tap clicking it appears to operate in the same way.
If you are familiar with this rule you would know that you can just drag and click. The mouse function operates in response to friction between the mouse button and the player’s finger. The force of gravitation will push the mouse off the floor.
As you move your finger across the mouse button, friction will continuously press the button and bounce right up the button when pressed. The repetition of this process led to a greater CPS of up to 32 clicks per second.
Benefits Of Learning How To Drag Click
If you use a mouse tap you get a quick mouse drag click. The mouse and finger must be neat to allow your finger to exert the most pressure. The more you have friction the greater the number of clicking seconds that can be achieved.
Players that use drags and mouse-clicks can reach well over the higher 20 limits thus gain an important advantage in their favorite games. For Minecraft, though the minimum CPS is about 20 but increasing your score by 20 will not affect your advantage in a game such as the famous Cookie Clicker.
The procedure activates the corresponding mouse when your hand touches a mouse button.
Best Mice For Drag Clicking
Users swear in the Razor and Logitech series of mice, particularly the Razer Viper Mini and the Logitech G305. Each mouse feature a high peak on its body position directly on its middle body. This combined with the buttons remaining part of the body rather than being separate elements – like in the Logitech G305 – and a wide space between the button and the switch makes these mice very easy to use.
And don’t forget the tool is available for virtually any mouse – you can use this with almost any mouse using a feature called the “drag click”. And high frame rate is especially important for the PvP genre of games namely Minecraft.
Also read: Best Gaming Mouse Under $20
1. Logitech G305 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse
- World’s No.1 Best Selling Wireless Gaming Gear Brand - Based on independent aggregated sales data (FEB ‘19 - FEB’20) of Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Mice, & PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, ID, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- Next-gen 12,000 DPI HERO optical sensor delivers unrivaled gaming performance, accuracy and power efficiency
- Advanced Lightspeed wireless gaming mouse for super-fast 1 ms response time and faster than wired performance
- Ultra-long battery life gives you up to 250 hours of continuous gaming on a single AA battery. System Requirements-Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.11 or later, Chrome OS
- Lightweight mechanical design and classic shape for maximum maneuverability, durability and comfort
The Logitech G305 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse is a gaming mouse designed for professional gamers. It features the HERO optical sensor that delivers unrivaled gaming performance, accuracy, and power efficiency. The advanced wireless technology delivers a 1ms report rate for fast, responsive control when you need it most.
You can also customize your experience with up to 11 programmable buttons and three onboard profiles that you can quickly switch between using the Teflon feet and DPI clutch button.
2. Razer Viper Mini Ultralight Gaming Mouse
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- Lightest, Zero-Compromise Miniature Mouse: 10% Smaller Than the Viper and lighter at 61g, with a 8500 DPI optical sensor befitting the most serious gamers without the need for drilling holes in the chassis like competitor mice
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light for absolute control
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and d
The Razer Viper is the smallest mouse in the world to pack an 8,500 DPI optical sensor, and its ergonomic shape delivers a perfect fit for any hand size. Minus the bulk of other mice on the market, this no-compromise gaming companion has been engineered with high-precision tracking technology so you can react faster than your competition during intense gaming sessions.
Whether you’re playing first-person shooter games or League of Legends you are bound to dominate the competition.
3. Redragon M711 Cobra Gaming Mouse
- 5 DPI Options & Customized Function – 5 adjustable DPI levels (500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000) meet your multiple needs, either for daily work or gaming. DPI can be adjusted freely by ±100 from 100 to 10000, taking advantage of on-the-fly DPI switching to instantly match mouse speed to gameplay demands. Besides, the Mouse Point Speed setting in the software also allows you to mildly change the movement speed of the mouse to achieve the right fit mode for yourself.
- 7 Programmable Buttons & 16.8-million Lighting “Breathing” RGB – 7 (7 out of 9) programmable buttons enable superior productivity and efficiency to meet all your gaming needs. 5 memory profiles each with a dedicated light color for quick identification and 16-Million Color backlight breathing RGB LED gives out ambient light and set you in a unique gaming atmosphere.
The Redragon M711 Cobra gaming mouse is the ultimate accessory for your PC. The ergonomic design of this gaming mouse provides you with a comfortable fit that allows for extended gameplay. You will enjoy the convenience of having seven programmable buttons, which allow you to customize commands and macros.
This device offers five DPI options so you can choose the level best suited for your needs. The advanced optical sensor tracks accurately on virtually any surface, so you get smooth movement without any hassles or interruptions while playing games or navigating through your operating system.
4. Razer DeathAdder v2 Mini Gaming Mouse
- 62G ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT ERGONOMIC DESIGN Derived from our award-winning DeathAdder ergonomics, its smaller form factor is designed for small to medium hand sizes, and is versatile enough to accommodate
- 62G Ultra-Lightweight Ergonomic Design: Our lightest mouse allows for smooth, effortless control that makes no compromise on its build strength-with six programmable buttons for greater utility
- Razer Optical Mouse Switch: Every click you make is actuated at the speed of light with no debounce delay, so you’ll always be the first to pull the trigger. The switches are also durable for up to 70 million clicks
- Razer Speedflex Cable: The Razer DeathAdder V2 mini’s cable has greater flexibility and is designed to produce minimal drag, so that you can perform quicker, smoother swipes for a higher degree of control
Razer DeathAdder v2 is the world’s most precise gaming mouse, now featuring an upgraded 8,500 DPI optical sensor that delivers unprecedented accuracy and speed. It has been ergonomically designed for both right-handed and left-handed users. This gaming mouse is equipped with a braided fiber cable to ensure smooth movements without snags or delays.
The Razer DeathAdder v2 also features a 5G laser sensor capable of up to 450 inches per second (IPS) tracking speeds, making it one of the fastest mice on the market today.
5. Logitech G502 HERO Gaming Mouse
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Our most advanced, with 1:1 tracking, 400+ ips, and 100 - 25,600 max dpi sensitivity plus zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration
- Adjustable weight system: Arrange up to five removable 3.6 grams weights inside the mouse for personalized weight and balance tuning
- Programmable RGB Lighting and Lightsync technology: Customize lighting from nearly 16.8 million colors to match your teams colors, sport your own or sync colors with other Logitech G gear
- Mechanical switch button tensioning: Metal spring tensioning system and pivot hinges are built into left and right gaming mouse buttons for a crisp, clean click feel with rapid click feedback
- 1 year hardware limited warra
The Logitech G502 HERO Gaming Mouse is the ultimate weapon, for the ultimate gamer. Featuring a super-fast and accurate HERO (High-Efficiency Rated Optical) sensor that delivers consistent performance at up to 12,000 DPI. This mouse features 11 programmable buttons and five weights with three different weight sizes to give you personalized play.
It also has onboard memory so you can take your settings with you wherever you go. The Logitech G502 HERO Gaming Mouse is compatible with Windows XP or later and Mac OS X 10.
Also read: Best Gaming Mouse For League Of Legends 2021
Drag Click FAQ:
Is Drag Clicking Allowed?
Some people argue that drag clicking offers an unfair advantage to reach extremely high CPs. And some say the system is unfair for them. Sometimes you are misunderstood with a clicker. And yet there exists an even more wide range of audiences which have completely different views of it.
For them, a drag click is a usual technique that can be done by hand. No one will ban you for your usage of the technique.
Is Drag Clicking Bad?
The drag click isn’t terrible for the mouse but it may also diminish its life span. If you don’t know how you should navigate the web using a mouse and if you try hitting the mouse on the page you end up having also broken your mouse. Drag click can cause more serious injuries than a click.
How To Drag Click Without Tape?
If your fingers are somewhat wet enough and there is little friction you can freely drag click with no need for a tape or tool. And mainly it depends on the friction of the mouse. Jitter clicks per second depending on how much friction you experience.
Can I Get Banned For Using Drag Clicking?
Some people argue that drag clicking offers an unfair advantage to reach extremely high CPs. And some say the system is unfair for them. Sometimes you are misunderstood with a clicker.
Yet there exists an even more wide range of audiences which have completely different views of it. For them, a drag click is a usual technique that can be done by hand. No one will even ban you for your usage of the technique.
Also Read: “Best DPI For League Of Legends”
Drag clicking is the act of dragging your mouse cursor over an object to click on it. Drag clicking can be done with one hand, without having to take your other hand off the keyboard. This allows you to play games and type simultaneously!
It also saves time because you don’t have to move your fingers from the keypad position for every single click. For players who are concerned about accuracy or precision in their game playing, learning how to drag click, could potentially provide a much faster gameplay experience than usual.